From dirt to unsightly mold and debris to mildew, it wouldn’t take much time before your home starts to look shabby. The exciting thing is that power washing can make your home’s exterior look fresh again. The question is, how much does power washing really cost?
The cost of pressure washing depends on various factors. Continue reading to learn more about the ins and outs, as well as the average prices to pressure washing. You are a few steps away from having a clean and beautiful home exterior!
The National Average Cost of Pressure Wash
- The national average cost to power wash a house can range from $0.07 to $0.58 per square foot, depending on where you live.
- The average total price for both materials and labor per square foot is $0.38, usually between the rates of $0.34 to $0.45.
- For a 1,500 to 2,000 square foot home in New Mexico, the cost to pressure wash can range between $250 to $400.
Remember that the exact costs will vary on factors including conditions, size, location, and job size.
How Much Does It Cost to Pressure Wash a House Per Foot?
As mentioned, the average cost of pressure washing a home per square foot is around $0.07 to $0.58. Most service providers charge a flat-rate trip allowance in with the total costs.
If you want a pressure washer that uses heated water than the usual cold water, the costs you can expect are around $0.15 to $0.80 per square foot. With this option, contractors will be using different machines, but the cleaning process won’t differ much. However, you will see that the results of using heated water produce a better job with dissolving mold, dirt, and grease.
How often should you pressure wash your home’s exterior?
How often you’ll have to pressure wash your home depends on the condition of your exterior and the level and kind of dirt on your home. Experts suggest that you only pressure wash your home when necessary, such as when you see cobwebs and mildew buildup.
If your home’s exterior is made of metal, vinyl siding, or composite, you don’t necessarily have to pressure wash more than once a year. On the other hand, houses composed of wood and siding must be pressure washed only when notable mildew buildup is present.
Frequently Asked Questions About Pressure Washing a House
What should I think about when coordinating with a pressure washing professional?
When working with pressure wash service providers, always ensure that the company is licensed and insured. Working with unlicensed companies can be a massive problem if things go wrong. Other than that, work only with companies with high ratings, and be sure to ask for estimates that provide all the costs for the project.
What Are The Advantages of Pressure washing a house?
- Pressure washing is an excellent way to keep your exterior surfaces clean and polished.
- This method is versatile for homes made of concrete and wood.
- Pressure washing is a straightforward process and only takes a few hours to finish.
- The machines are easy to use. With the right tools and skills, you can pressure wash your home all by yourself.
What are the Disadvantages of Pressure Washing?
- Failing to do the proper methods when pressure washing can cause damages to wood and siding.
- Failing to operate the machine correctly can cause injury due to the force of the water.
- Using the incorrect PSI settings and detergent can damage and deteriorate your paint and surfaces.
- Specific detergents can harm plants and trees. Ensure that you cover your plants with a drop cloth or plastic tarp to keep them safe.
Should I pressure wash the house myself or should I hire a professional?
Pressure washing appears to be a straightforward process – after all, it’s all about pointing and shooting. However, without the proper knowledge, especially without knowing the suitable detergent and PSI settings to use, you may hurt yourself and your family.
If you are caught between doing it on your own or hiring a professional, remember that the costs of renting a machine could be more than just hiring professionals.
Keep in mind that hiring a professional will save you time. Even if it seems less expensive to do it yourself, remember that you could cause damages, if you don’t have the experience necessary, which could lead to spending more money to make repairs.
Santa Fe Painters | Call us at 505-375-6920
Santa Fe Painters offers the residents and businesses of the Santa Fe area pressure washing solutions, backed by professionals with years of experience in the industry. So, whether you want to pressure wash your home for a new layer of paint or simply want to keep your surface clean, our skilled technicians have the tools needed for the job.
With a reputation for quality pressure washing in Santa Fe and across the area, you can surely count on Santa Fe Painters to get the job done. Our friendly staff is happy to answer your questions. Call today to set up your pressure washing appointment with us!